You are here: Home

Official Website of Maguindanao Province

Nov24

De Lima promises Maguindanao massacre convictions by 2016

E-mail Print PDF

Relatives of victims of the Maguindanao Massacre listen to Justice Secretary Leila de Lima as she explains recent developments on the prosecution of the suspects in the carnage during a meeting in Tacurong City on Sunday. John UnsonTACURONG City, Philippines - Justice Secretary Leila de Lima on Sunday promised to regularly update the relatives of the Nov. 23, 2009 Maguindanao massacre victims on the ongoing hearings by regularly providing updates to members of the media based in Central Mindanao.

De Lima said she would personally oversee the prompt dispatch of official communiqués on the case to reporters based in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao and in Administrative Region 12, where most families of the massacre victims reside.

“We just have to do a proper format and design a template for that information relay process,” De Lima said.

Read more...
 
Nov24

Bikers commemorate Maguindanao massacre

E-mail Print PDF

Bikers from across Central Mindanao pose for press photographers at the site of the Nov. 23, 2009 Maguindanao Massacre in Salman District in Ampatuan, Maguindanao. MAGUINDANAO, Philippines – About a hundred bikers, among them military and police officials, pedaled on Sunday through the scene of the Nov. 23, 2009 Maguindanao Massacre to show solidarity with families of the 58 people that perished in the incident.

The bikers were led by Assemblyman Khadafy Mangudadatu of the 24-seat Regional Assembly in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Major Gen. Edmundo Pangilinan, who is commander of the Army's 6th Infantry Division, Senior Supt. Rudelio Jocson of the provincial police, and Vice Mayor Jhazzer Mangudadatu of Buluan town in Maguindanao.

Pangilinan’s four subordinate-brigade commanders also joined in the “bike for unity and justice,” launched after sunrise on Sunday during the commemoration of the 5th anniversary of the massacre.

Last Updated ( Monday, 24 November 2014 19:36 ) Read more...
 
Nov23

NEA takes over Maguindanao power coop amid P800M debts

E-mail Print PDF

Reassuring forum – Energy Sec. Jericho Petilla (second from right) draws spectators' applause after announcing remedial measures to rehabilitate the Maguindanao Electric Cooperative (Magelco) from heavy losses at a meeting Thursday in Buluan town. Also shown Maguindanao Gov. Esmael Mangudadatu (right), Electrification Administrator Edith Bueno (seated next to Petilla) and Sultan Ashary Maongco (second from left), whom Bueno installed as OIC-general manager of Magelco earlier that day.BULUAN, Maguindanao – The National Electrification Administration (NEA) took over Thursday the management of the power cooperative in this province amid reported arrears amounting to more than P800-million, even as Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla announced remedies aimed at freezing the debts and rehabilitating the ailing utility firm.

Though surprised about the sudden takeover of the Maguindanao Electric Cooperative (Magelco) management, local stakeholders including elected officials led by Governor Esmael "Toto" Mangudadatu enthusiastically welcomed Sec. Petilla's assurances at a meeting held here at the onset of three-day festivities marking the 41st founding anniversary celebration of the province.

Read more...
 
Nov23

Various groups to commemorate 5th Maguindanao massacre anniversary

E-mail Print PDF

MAGUINDANAO, Philippines - The two largest groups of reporters in Central Mindanao, provincial officials led by Gov. Esmael Mangudadatu and representatives from the police and military will jointly commemorate on Sunday the fifth anniversary of the Maguindanao Massacre.

The provincial government has organized an ecumenical prayer rite, to be officiated by Islamic clerics and Christian missionaries, at the scene of the Nov. 23, 2009 carnage at Sitio Salman in Barangay Masalay in Ampatuan town.

Mangudadatu and Major Gen. Edmundo Pangilinan, commander of the Army’s 6th Infantry Division, are to speak during the program.

Read more...
 
Nov19

Maguindanao execs form new peace-oriented bloc

E-mail Print PDF

COTABATO CITY, Philippines — Stakeholders in the Mindanao peace process are optimistic of a more peaceful Maguindanao in days to come following Thursday's regrouping of local executives into a solid peace advocacy bloc.

In a statement Saturday, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Teresita Quintos-Deles said the gesture of the local officials, who belong to the Association of Lumad, Iranun and Maguindanaon Leaders (ALIM), will boost the efforts of the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front to restore normalcy in Maguindanao's 36 towns.

Mayors, vice-mayors, and members of the provincial board took turns reaffirming their commitment to the GPH-MILF peace efforts and their readiness to help oversee the government's now 18-year ceasefire accord with the rebel group during ALIM's 2nd grand assembly on Thursday at the Al-Nor Convention Center in Cotabato City.

Read more...
 
  • «
  •  Start 
  •  Prev 
  •  1 
  •  2 
  •  3 
  •  4 
  •  5 
  •  6 
  •  7 
  •  8 
  •  9 
  •  10 
  •  Next 
  •  End 
  • »
Page 1 of 13